What causes infertility?
There are several factors that can influence your ability to become pregnant. Infertility can be the result of issues with your reproductive system or your partner’s, or a combination.
Common infertility causes:
How long should a couple try to conceive before going to the doctor?
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine recommends that a woman should consult with her OBGYN if she is:
- Under 35 years old and has been trying to conceive for more than 12 months
- Over 35 years old and has been trying to conceive for over 6 months
How is infertility diagnosed?
Dr. Hill will consult with you during your OBGYN visit to discuss your medical history, sex life, and length of time that you have been trying to get pregnant.
To better understand your fertility issues, Dr. Hill may run additional tests to check for abnormalities.
What are the treatment methods for infertility?
- Medication – Treats infertility by stimulating ovulation
- Surgery- Treats the following causes of female infertility:
- Repairs diseased, damaged or blocked fallopian tubes
- Removes endometriosis
- Removes uterine fibroids, polyps or scarring
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) – Treats infertility if medication and surgical options do not work:
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Third Party Assisted ART (Sperm/Egg Donation, Surrogates and Gestational Carriers)
If you are experiencing difficulty getting pregnant, book an appointment with Dr. Hill online or by calling the office.