The inability to have children. It affects an estimated 48 million women worldwide and is caused by many sources, including nutrition, diseases and malformations of the uterus.
There are several options for treating female infertility.
- Medication - Treats infertility by stimulating ovulation:
- Clomiphene or Clomiphene Citrate
- Gonadotropins or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG)
- Bromocriptine or Cabergoline
- Surgery - Treats the following causes of female infertility:
- Repairs diseased, damaged or blocked fallopian tubes
- Removes endometriosis
- Removes uterine fibroids, polyps or scarring
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) - Treats infertility if medication and surgical options do not work:
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Third Party Assisted ART (Sperm/Egg Donation, Surrogates and Gestational Carriers)
If you are having difficulty getting pregnant, contact Dr. Hill for an infertility consultation.